http://www.change.org/actions/view/bring_alex_lambert_back_on_american_idol#
Everyone -
I was contacted by a family member of Alex's a few minutes ago who is in total support of this petition... and rightfully so. However, after pointing out the time constraints of having song choice, rehearsal, and making sure this reaches the desks of those most important with enough TIME before Tuesdays show... I will press to have this seen by tomorrow night and Sunday morning at the LATEST. That said, I'm setting the goal down to 7,500 for the sole reason being that I want it to go off with a bang, and with enough time to make a change. The fact that 5,000 signatures came in after just 24 HOURS, our original goal to begin with... is amazing and encouraging. Let's do this now and get out 7,500 signatures AND MAKE A CHANGE! American Idol thrives off OUR voices, its the whole premise of the show. If they want the ratings to soar, bringing back Alex Lambert will undoubtedly do it. Just imagine how memorable that episode will be, especially after knowing this all started with a simple signature. LETS DO THIS!
I am SO beyond proud. People like to talk and throw out ideas every second of every day, but if no action is taken, nothing happens. No contestant, elimination, or performance in Idol history has ever made me run to my laptop as fast as I did last night to create this, and I am SO glad that I did. Alex Lambert is what Idol USED to be about. TALENT. Finding someone we would never otherwise even know existed... taking them from singing in front of a mirror to singing in front of the world... THAT is American Idol. Getting rid of Alex was the worst decision ever made.
We WILL see him back on that show.
I have NO doubts at all.
Continue spreading the word!
And thank you, THANK YOU for all of your help!
-Jessica
And Alex if you read this... we adore you and we are not stopping! We all know you were wrongfully eliminated, you were what we loved tuning in for! And I know we can tune in again by bringing you back. Hopefully I'll get to tell you that myself soon.
To the attention of Fox.com, 19Entertainment, and Fremantle Media:
Avid viewers of American Idol were in complete shock to see Alex Lambert voted off tonight. His voice is most importantly, different, and his simple raw talent was something that many chosen idol contestants... lack. America ABSOLUTELY voted wrong in this, and many, many loyal viewers have no desire to continue watching American Idol without seeing how far Alex Lambert could have, and should have gone. The signatures on this petition are not expected to be taken lightly, but instead, as a serious cause of action in bringing Alex Lambert back onto American Idol before the season ends.
In less than 2 hours of creating this, there were already over 400 signatures.
Alex Lambert was a trending topic on Twitter HOURS after the show ended, and STILL IS.
It's clearly evident that he has a special gift that people want to continue to hear.
I've never seen such an uproar for ANY contestant to be put back in BEFORE even making it to top 12, until Alex. Quite frankly, this season of Idol has been a massive disappointment so far, and I'm sure that comes as no surprise to everyone running Idol.
Then, the one person who people tuned in to actually see, is now gone. After seeing the complete disgust in pure talent having to leave the show, loyal fans and viewers of AI have officially decided to turn off the tv when it comes to further watching.
There were 13 finalists last year in order to keep Anoop in.
DO IT AGAIN.
Sincerely,
Jessica Bongiorno
INCLUDING the undersigned.
http://www.change.org/actions/view/bring_alex_lambert_back_on_american_idol#
P/S: It is truly not easy at all to find someone real like Alex Lambert. His VOICE. His smile. His laugh. His giggling. The truthfulness in his personality...Everything about him and from him is just purely true and so purely beautiful. He truly deserves to go further...He's simply the truth...And his eyes...TRUE. The truth is here...Isn't it sad though that someone this real is so hard to find nowadays in this life...I haven't seen anyone this special for so long...:)