Breathing & Playing

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Night at the Museum

(Movie 2006)

and Day at...Đại Học Tổng Hợp khoa Hóa (former Indochina University), Lê Thánh Tông street, Hanoi!!



I bumped my head the hardest time EVER in my whole life right at THAT left wing of THAT window while sneaking upstairs trying to hide from the school officers to see those skeletons (as there's a banning board) not long ago!! I really expected my head would bleed actually! Turned out it didn't but I had to stand still there holding my head frowning in pain for quite a while. Later on I walked up the rest of the stairs publicly, almost said hi to some old men working in the room next to two buffalo skeletons outside on the second floor. Nice try.

There's also this small room under the welcome stairs with look-like-prison tall iron bar doors and people working in it! I also like the super huge painting in the meeting room and its ceiling and all the balconies there which sure look a lot like those in Hanoi Opera House, really fancy looking! Maybe I was a bit hyper but cool building to sneak around and discover stuff with old french style it is!!

Photo credit and some other 'Woah' views there: http://hanoireview.blogspot.com/2008_08_01_archive.html

Thank you french architecture in Hanoi!

More:

Hà Nội – Xưa và Nay – Đại học Tổng Hợp

Hà Nội-xưa và nay

http://mag.ashui.com/index.php/congdong/kientrucsu/42-kientrucsu/1545-giu-hon-cho-pho.html

Really hope there is some architect that I could have a crush on hmm :P. We'll see.